The beautiful and classic Essex shorea wood bench will make a wonderful seating statement wherever it’s placed. The beautifully simple design includes thick and heavy legs and classic corner braces. The Essex shorea wood bench is available in 4′, 6′ and spacious 8′ lengths.
Essex is designed to add dimension and weight to larger landscape and commercial settings. Constructed using dimensionally larger lumber, Essex will provide a base for any outdoor project, but are especially scaled for the grand stage.
- Perfect for larger spaces
- Stainless steel hardware and solid wood dowels ensure secure unions
- Mortise and tenon joint construction adds strength and longevity
- Corner braces add strength as well as enhancing the overall design
- A three-year limited structural warranty on all shorea wood products
Made from sturdy 2 and 1/8″ dimensional Shorea hardwood, if left untreated will weather to a soft warm shade of gray similar to the weathering of teak.
Shorea requires no finishing and will not rot when left outdoors where rain and sun will damage other lesser quality woods. Sturdy mortise and tenon construction provides the highest quality joinery that will last for many years.
- Larger dimension wood adds strength and visual size to all Essex benches
- Left untreated, shorea will weather to a soft warm shade of gray similar to the weathering of teak
- High oil content easily sheds water making it highly resistant to rotting and bug infestation
- This heavy duty wood has a remarkable ability to withstand the effects of wind, rain, sun, and snow
- Shorea offers the ability to be refinished to it’s natural state if so desired.
- Original color can be maintained by applying a seasonal coat of teak oil