The Shorea Backless Bench is classically designed with a contour seat for comfort. Handcrafted of shorea hard wood using mortise and tenon joinery, this bench is the best choice for enjoying the view from any direction. The four foot backless bench is specifically designed to be used as a double seat in conjunction with our two foot or five foot backless benches and our Hampton tables. This combination of seating creates a casual yet elegant dining setting.
- Stainless steel hardware and solid wood dowels ensure secure unions
- Mortise and tenon joint construction adds strength and longevity
- Corner braces add strength as well as enhancing the overall design
- A three-year limited structural warranty on all shorea wood products
Made from natural Shorea hardwood, if left untreated will weather to a soft warm shade of gray similar to the weathering of teak.
Shorea requires no finishing and will not rot when left outdoors where rain and sun will damage other lesser quality woods. Sturdy mortise and tenon construction provides the highest quality joinery that will last for many years.
- Left untreated, shorea will weather to a soft warm shade of gray similar to the weathering of teak
- High oil content easily sheds water making it highly resistant to rotting and bug infestation
- This heavy duty wood has a remarkable ability to withstand the effects of wind, rain, sun, and snow
- Shorea offers the ability to be refinished to it’s natural state if so desired.
- Original color can be maintained by applying a seasonal coat of teak oil