A backless ipe bench is one of the simplest ways to provide comfort to your guests. The Lincoln model backless ipe bench highlights comfort with it’s contoured seating area and sturdy base. Offered in a poplular 6′ length, the Lincoln bench can comfortably sit three adults.
Ipe used for commercial benches is durable and weathers extremely well. Also known as Brazilian Walnut, Lapacho, Ironwood™, Rinowood™ and Pau Lope™, ipe wood has a natural resistance to decay, wet conditions, and insect infestation. Because of ipe’s remarkable properties it is not only a top choice for outdoor furniture but also residential and commercial decking.
- Ipe is incredibly strong and dense, with very high wear durability
- A handsome chocolate brown when new, the sun gracefully transforms Ipe to a mature, elegant silver patina
- Made of 100% heartwood which is critical for maintaining the long-term strength and integrity of the mortise and tenon joinery
- Wood is kiln dried for up to eight weeks to reduce the moisture content, ensuring years of outdoor use in a wide range of climates
- Crafted using traditional interlocking mortise and tenon, and dowelled joinery that form rock solid connections
- Unique cross-grain sanding technique preserves a smooth feel as the wood weathers out-of-doors
- Our Ipe timber is certified by Rainforest Alliance as 100% FSC® Pure, guaranteed sourced from well-managed forests
- Made in the USA