An ipe backless bench with arms, the Opal is elegant and functional. Highlighted by the vertically slatted seating area, the Opal ipe bench also includes arms for added comfort and style.
The physical hardness of ipe wood is remarkable, but it also has a beautiful dark color and a tight grain that gives it a very consistent coloring. When finished the wood produces a dark chocolate look, but fading to an elegant silver/gray when left untreated.
- Ipe is incredibly strong and dense, with very high wear durability
- A handsome chocolate brown when new, the sun gracefully transforms Ipe to a mature, elegant silver patina
- Made of 100% heartwood which is critical for maintaining the long-term strength and integrity of the mortise and tenon joinery
- Wood is kiln dried for up to eight weeks to reduce the moisture content, ensuring years of outdoor use in a wide range of climates
- Crafted using traditional interlocking mortise and tenon, and dowelled joinery that form rock solid connections
- Unique cross-grain sanding technique preserves a smooth feel as the wood weathers out-of-doors
- Our Ipe timber is certified by Rainforest Alliance as 100% FSC® Pure, guaranteed sourced from well-managed forests
Coordinate additional outdoor furniture with the Opal ipe bench. Choose items like pool loungers, tables and chairs for an elegant durable furnishings family.