The Ipe Garden bench combines the traditional slatted style with a comfortable contoured seat. Measuring just over 54″, the Garden bench comfortably sits two.
Ipe benches are selected for commercial settings due to the durability of the wood itself. Ipe is incredibly strong and dense, with very high wear durability. It is characterized by it’s rich chocolate-brown color that weathers gracefully to an elegant silver/gray.
- Ipe is incredibly strong and dense, with very high wear durability
- A handsome chocolate brown when new, the sun gracefully transforms Ipe to a mature, elegant silver patina
- Made of 100% heartwood which is critical for maintaining the long-term strength and integrity of the mortise and tenon joinery
- Wood is kiln dried for up to eight weeks to reduce the moisture content, ensuring years of outdoor use in a wide range of climates
- Crafted using traditional interlocking mortise and tenon, and dowelled joinery that form rock solid connections
- Unique cross-grain sanding technique preserves a smooth feel as the wood weathers out-of-doors
- Our Ipe timber is certified by Rainforest Alliance as 100% FSC® Pure, guaranteed sourced from well-managed forests
- Made in the USA
Another benefit of using ipe wood for benches is their ability to be refinished. A combination of light sanding with cleaning and oil application can completely restore a weathered looking bench back to it’s original appearance.